8-WEEK CODING JAVA PROGRAM
This is the perfect time to learn a new coding language and skill. Join our intermediate coding with Java program to increase your technical skills and grow as a junior developer and programmer. An engaging technical development program introducing essential programming concepts such as user input, selection structure and loops. This series is a continuation of the Java coding series in Fall. Previous experience coding with Java is recommended.
An engaging technical development coding program introducing essential programming concepts such as user input, selection structure and loops. This series is a continuation of the Java coding series in Fall. Previous experience coding with Java is recommended. Students will build problem-solving and critical thinking skills through fun activities such as checking if a year is a leap year or not using Java. This workshop is intended for girls (trans & non-binary) aged 12-17 years old. Parents are welcome to participate with their child or family member. This workshop is open to all ethnicities with emphasis on Black, Indigenous and girls of colour.
- March 6 – Intro to Java: Java Overview, Screen Output, Operations and Data Types & Variables
- March 13 – User Input: Keyboard Input, Flushing, BEDMAS and mixed operations
- March 20 – Selections: Boolean Expressions, The ‘If’ Structure, Compound Boolean Expressions
- March 27 – While Loops: Overview of Loops and The Syntax
- April 3 – Input and variables: Data Type in Java, Variables, User Input, & BEDMAS in Java
- April 10 – Selections Pt. II: Boolean Expressions, The If Structure, Compound Boolean Expressions
- April 17 – While Loops Pt. II: While Loops Overview, The Syntax and PracticeApril 24 – For Loops – For Loops Overview, Syntax and Practice